Haldwani: Migration after violence, 500 families left their homes, people running away leaving open doors – Haldwani Violence Muslim Families Flee after Violence in Banbhoolpura NTC

[ad_1]

There was heavy loss of municipal and government property during stone pelting and arson on the administration and police team that had gone to remove encroachment in Banbhulpura area of ​​Haldwani on 8th February. After assessing this, the Municipal Corporation has issued a recovery notice to the main accused Abdul Malik to compensate for the loss. The Municipal Corporation has asked the accused to pay the compensation amount of Rs 2.45 crore by February 15. A warning has been given of legal action if the deadline is violated.

Four days after the violence in Banbhulpura of Haldwani district, Muslim families have started migrating to safer areas outside the district. More than 500 families have left the city. Many families were seen on the streets on foot with their belongings. Curfew is currently imposed in the area and due to this the movement of vehicles is stopped.

30 people arrested in violence case

A search operation was conducted in the area in connection with the violence that took place after the demolition drive by the administration on the alleged illegal mosque and madrassa in Banbhulpura. Police have so far arrested 30 people in the case and many people are still on the radar. Uttarakhand Police has also recovered many weapons from the possession of the arrested people.

Curfew relaxed but restrictions still in place in Banbhulpura

The administration has now relaxed the curfew in many parts of Haldwani but Banbhulpura area of ​​the district is still in the grip of severe curfew. People have been strictly asked to stay indoors. A warning has been given of action against those who violate the law. Internet services have been restored in many parts of Haldwani, except the areas where curfew is still in place.

Banbhulpura’s entry-exit sealed

Due to the tense situation, Muslim families are leaving their homes and migrating, but the administration has sealed all the entry and exit points of Banbhulpura. From here neither people are allowed to go out nor anyone can go inside. Sources said that the police have taken the decision to seal the area because investigators feel that the rioters involved in large-scale violence may also flee.

‘The decision to demolish the mosque was taken in haste’

A delegation of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind visited Haldwani yesterday and held a meeting with the SDM where he also talked to the administration. The meeting lasted for more than an hour. After holding a meeting with the SDM, Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind general secretary Abdul Raziq said that the administration took the decision to demolish the mosque in a hurry, which created tension in the area.

The general secretary of the organization said, “We have come here to appeal for peace in the area. We have requested the SDM to ensure that action is not taken against innocent people. This happened because the demolition drive was carried out suddenly. The administration Should have waited for court orders.” Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has announced that a police station will be built at the same place where the mosque and madrassa were demolished.

[ad_2]
www.aajtak.in

Leave a Comment