Mukhya Mantri Nijut Moina Scheme:- The Assamese government announced the launch of the “Mukhya Mantri Nijut Moina” (MMNM) scheme on the 12th of February. This scheme aims to provide financial grants to girls. The government took this step to empower girls to make life decisions that are well-informed to end child marriages. The program aims to empower girls to make life decisions with knowledge, which is a step towards the government’s larger goal of ending child marriages. Read the article below to know more about the scheme in detail.
Assam Chief Minister Nijut Moina Scheme 2024
The Assam government in a major step towards educating and empowering girls announced the launch of the “Mukhya Mantri Nijut Moina” (MMNM) initiative on February 12 during the presentation of the state budget for 2024–25. The initiative brings the government one step closer to its overarching objective of putting an end to child marriages by empowering girls to make informed decisions about their lives. It is anticipated that the program will significantly improve girls’ education and create an atmosphere that is conducive to their academic development.
Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme
MMNM Scheme Assam Details in Highlights
|Chief Minister Nijut Moina Scheme
|to support the education of girls
|Admission Incentive of Rs10,000 to each girl students
Objective of Mukhya Mantri Nijut Moina Scheme
The program’s main goal is to motivate females to continue their education beyond matriculation, which will help to significantly raise the proportion of girls who do so. The initiative’s goal is to provide one million girls with financial grants to support their education up to higher secondary, graduation, and post–graduation levels.
Chief Minister Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan
Features of Chief Minister Nijut Moina Scheme
The Assam budget allots ₹240 cr to support the education of girls, giving 10 lakh of them financial aid for further education and promising them better prospects. Students who want to join in post-graduation studies will also get Rs 15,000 in addition. Girls enrolled in Class XI will receive an admission incentive of Rs 10,000 as part of the initiative, while those enrolled in graduation courses would earn Rs 12,500.
Benefits of Assam Mukhya Mantri Nijut Moina Scheme
Following are the benefits of Mukhya Mantri Nijut Moina Scheme
- A ₹10,000 admission bonus for every female student enrolled in Class Eleven.
- ₹12,500 for females starting their first year of college.
- For individuals starting their first year of a post-graduation course, the amount is ₹15,000.
Note: These monetary incentives are on top of already available advantages like free entry and, if needed, scooters.
Eligibility Criteria for Chief Minister Nijut Moina Scheme
There are certain criteria put forward by the government to apply for the scheme given below:
- Only girl candidates are eligible for the scheme.
- Girls must be enrolled in any government college or educational institution to be eligible for this benefit;
- Those who are already married are not eligible.
Assam Orunodoi Scheme
MMNM Scheme Documents Required
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- bank account
- 10th pass mark sheet
- Domicile certificate
Application Process of Assam Mukhya Mantri Nijut Moina Scheme
The government has not notified the official website for the Mukhya Mantri Nijut Moina Scheme yet. All the eligible applicants can visit the official website and fill out the form there once the government announces its official website. A general application process has been mentioned below.
- First of all, visit the official website of the scheme.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Now from the homepage, go to the apply here options.
- A new page with an application form will open on the screen.
- Enter your details like name, date of birth, age, address, etc.
- Upload the relevant documents.
- Check the provided information carefully.
- Now click on the submit option.