|Sankashti Chaturthi 2022||Date and Time|
|Sankashti Chathurthi||Friday, 17th June, 2022|
|Sankashti Chaturthi Tithi Begins||Friday, 17th June, 2022, 06:10 AM|
|Sankashti Chaturthi Ends||Saturday, 18th June, 2022, 02:59 AM|
|Moonrise on Sankashti Day||Friday, June 17th, 2022, 10:32 PM|
Sankashti chaturthi holds a great significance among Hindus. There are total 24 Ganesh Chaturthi falls in the year and each month Lord Ganesha is worshiped with different name and Peetha. Different stories are associated with each Sankashti chaturthi.
Sankashti Chaturthi 2022 Story :-
As per the Hindu Mythology, there is a story of worshiping Lord Ganesha on Krishnapingala Sankashti Chaturthi. There was a king named Mahajit, who was kind, softhearted person and used to treat the people of his kingdom as his own family. He used to serve the people of his kingdom from him. Despite being nice and helpful, he was childless. One day, the village people tried to find the solution of his problem, and he went to a sage named Lomash. After listening to them Sage Lomash asked them to tell their king to observe Kirshnapingala Sankashti Chaturti in the month of Ashadha.
King Mahajit followed the sage and observed fast on Krishnapingala Sankashti Chaturthi with great devotion and dedication. Lord Ganesha got pleased by the King Mahajit and blessed him with the wish fullfilment. Surprisingly, one day his wife Sudakshina conceived a child and later he became the father of him. He got really happy and started worshiping Lord Ganesha from then by keeping fast on every Sankashti Chaturthi.
Sankashti Chaturthi 2022 Rituals :-
1. The devotees must wake up early in the morning, take a holy bath and wear clean clothes.
2. Place an idol of Lord Ganesha and give a holy bathe to Lord Ganesha with panchamrit (milk, curd, sugar, honey and ghee).
3. Light a diya, Put tilak of kumkum, offer yellow vermillion or flowers and Lord Ganesha’s favorite sweets (Laddo and Modak).
4. The devotees must remember to offer Durva Grass (Green Grass) as this is Lord Ganesha’s favorite herb.
5. The devotees must recite the Bindayak katha (Lord ganesha katha) and Aarti to Lord Ganesha.
6. People should visit the temple and offer Laddo and Modak to Lord Ganesha.
7. One must break their fast after offering bhog to Lord Ganesha.
8. The devotees can offer fried potato along with curd, fruits and Sama rice kheer.
9. One must distribute bhog prasand to all the family members and then can break their
It is believed that the devotees, who keep fast on the day of Krishnapingala Sankashti ChaturtiLord Ganesha bless his devotees with happiness, prosperity, health and good fortune and removes all the obstacles from the life of his devotees.