- Mohammed Siraj registered an unwanted record to his name in IPL 2022 final.
- Siraj conceded the most number of sixes (31) in a single IPL season.
- The speedster also finished the season with an economy rate of 10.07 and just 9 wickets to his name.
Siraj, who is now a regular in the Indian cricket team in multiple formats, conceded as many as 31 sixes this campaign. No player in the history of the league has been hit for as many maximums before.
From Irfan Pathan to Wasim Jaffer: Cricket fraternity hails RR pacer Prasidh Krishna’s amazing comeback vs RCB
IPL 2022: Jos Buttler’s sensational century helps RR thump RCB and reach final after 14 years
- Mohammed Siraj – 31 (in 2022)
- Wanindu Hasranga – 30 (in 2022)
- Dwane Bravo – 29 (in 2018)
- Yuzvendra Chahal – 28 (in 2015)
- Yuzvendra Chahal – 27 (in 2022)
Siraj’s struggles can be highlighted with the fact that his economy rate this year was 10.07 which is the worst for a bowler who has bowled more than 50 overs in a single IPL season.
The pacer ended the season with just 9 wickets to his name in 15 matches. On the contrary, Hasaranga is presently the joint-highest wicket-taker with 26 wickets in 16 matches to his name in this campaign. Yuzvendra Chahal, on 26 scalps too, is likely to pip him in the final.