UP student got admission in Stanford University with scholarshipOn June 10, 2021 by admin
He has been selected at Stanford University to study International Relations and Economics on a 100% scholarship.
IANS | Updated on: 10 Jun 2021, 03:14:01 PM
UP student (Photo Credit: IANS)
- Manu Chauhan was studying in a residential co-educational school VidyaGyan
- He will join Stanford University at the end of August
- The father of the student coming from poor background works as a salesman
A class 12 student from Aligarh district of Uttar Pradesh has secured a place in the prestigious Stanford University of America with 100% scholarship. Manu Chauhan, a resident of Akrabad village, was studying in Vidyagyan, a residential co-educational school. This school provides world class education free of cost to rural, underprivileged meritorious students from families with an annual income of less than Rs 1 lakh. He has been selected at Stanford University to study International Relations and Economics on a 100% scholarship. He will join Stanford University in late August. Coming from a poor background, the father of a student works as a salesman. They have to struggle a lot to meet the basic needs of the family. Manu is their only child.
Manu studied at VidyaGyan, where only 250 students are selected out of around 250,000 applicants every year. In VidyaGyan run by Shiv Nadar Foundation, Manu excelled. His teachers inspired him to become more self-confident. Also guided them step by step. As a result, Manu got 94.4 percent result in class 10th. Also he twice won the Outstanding Performance Award in the Assessment of Academic Skills through Scholastic Tests. He became the best speaker in intra class debate competitions and won gold medal in Open State Level Table Tennis Championship 2018.
Manu said, “I will give full credit of my journey to my teachers at VidyaGyan who taught me, encouraged me and mentored me at every level.” Manu aspires to work in the United Nations after completing his studies. Manu aims to work in the field of international relations and help drive the development agenda. His long-term dream is to contribute to the education of underprivileged children in India so that he can pass on the gift of education to other deserving students and help improve their lives.
First Published : 10 Jun 2021, 03:14:01 PM
- Dr. Arora Said First Dose Of Covishield Is 61 Per Cent Effective Against Corona Delta Variant
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi Mentions The Kashmir Issue In A Letter To Top Un Officials
- Madhya Pradesh IAS Officer Gets Notice After Chat On Corruption Leaked
- Aiims Delhi Catches Fire Tenders Runs On Spot
- Satya Nadella New Ceo Of Microsoft, Know The His Journey Of 22 Years In Microsoft