सुप्रीम कोर्ट ( Supreme Court ) : Supreme Court verdict amid Corona explosion in jails, order to reduce the number of prisonersOn May 8, 2021 by admin
In view of the condition of the prisoners in the jail, the highest decision has been taken by the highest of the country. The Supreme Court has given an important order to reduce the number of prisoners from jails.
Written By : Arvind Singh | Edited By : Dalchand kumar | Updated on: 08 May 2021, 02:42:56 PM
Prisoners to be released from jails on 90 days parole, order of Supreme Court (Photo Credit: File photo)
From the second wave of the Corona epidemic, a ‘terrible’ situation persists. In spite of all the strictures, the situation is worsening due to infection. Alam is that people living inside the four walls have also come in the grip of this deadly virus. Inmates inside all the jails of the country have been infected with Corona, even many prisoners have lost their lives due to Corona. However, in view of the situation of the prisoners in the jail, the highest decision has been taken by the highest of the country. The Supreme Court has given an important order to reduce the number of prisoners from jails.
The Supreme Court has said in its order that the states should follow the directive issued last year. Prisoners who were released last year should have interim release again. Those who received parole should be released for 90 days. Along with this, the court has also made it clear that arrest should be done only in very important cases. Apart from this, the Supreme Court has asked the committee appointed last year that the release of new prisoners who are eligible for conditional release should also be considered.
Significantly, after the news of the prisoners being infected in the jails and the death of some prisoners, the Supreme Court took suo motu cognizance on this. After which, after the attack of Corona in jails, the Supreme Court was considering releasing the prisoners on bail. The court said that the order will be passed soon. During the hearing, CJI NV Ramana said that the situation is very dangerous at this time. The second wave of Corona is more disturbing this time than the previous time. Please tell that last time too, the Supreme Court had ordered the release of prisoners of certain categories on bail.
On the other hand, preparations have already been made to release the prisoners on parole in Tihar Jail, the country’s largest jail. On Friday, due to the increase in Corona’s case, the Tihar Jail Administration decided to release about 4 thousand prisoners on parole. These prisoners will be released on 90-day interim bail from Tihar Jail. Tihar Jail has a capacity of 10 thousand 26 prisoners, but currently 19 thousand 679 prisoners are closed here. More than 300 prisoners and more than 100 employees have been infected due to the second web of corona infection in the jail. Not only this, in the last week 5 prisoners have died from Kovid. Therefore, this decision has been taken by the Tihar Jail Administration, so that social distancing can be followed in the jail.
First Published : 08 May 2021, 02:42:56 PM
- G-23 leader raised the issue of election preparation in CWC meeting
- new isi-backed terrorist front being formed: ISI-backed Pakistani terrorist groups are making a big plan against India, Under this, a new front terrorist organization is being created, It will take responsibility for future attacks, Intel gets info on new ISI-backed terrorist front and hit list of 200: New ISI-backed terrorist group is being formed to shed blood in Kashmir, 200 people included in the hit list, intelligence agencies alert
- Chinese naval base in cambodia: Chinese construction at Ream Naval Base in Cambodia Satellite Images: Satellite images show Chinese construction at Ream naval base in Cambodia
- Prime Minister Modi will inaugurate seven new medical colleges from the land of Buddha
- Organization election date fixed in Congress CWC meeting
- Supreme Court Latest Verdict-Tenant Is Not A Landlord, Only A Tenant-Tenant is not a landlord, only a tenant: Supreme Court on
- china japan war: Japan says suspected Chinese submarine seen near territorial waters on
- Circle Officer Hiralal Saini And Woman Constable Suspended For Moral Misconduct In Rajasthan on