new Delhi. A lot of schemes have been launched by the Modi government for the betterment of the farmers of the country. One of them is the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY). Under Pradhanmantri Fasal Bima Yojana, the farmers of the country are provided insurance in case of crop failure due to any natural disaster. The scheme is implemented by the Agricultural Insurance Company of India. The Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme covers only natural disasters such as drought, hail, etc. If there is crop damage due to any other reason, the sum assured will not be provided.
Premium amount under Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme
A budget of Rs 8800 crore has been set by the Central Government under Pradhan mantri Fasal Bima Yojana. Under this scheme, the farmers will have to pay 2 percent of the total sum insured for the Kharif crop as a premium and 1.5 percent of the total sum insured for the Rabi crop.
- For Kharif crop: 2 percent of the sum assured
- For Rabi crop: 1.5% of sum insured
- For annual commercial and horticultural crops: 5 percent of the sum insured
Fasal bima yojana Eligibility for
- All the farmers of the country are eligible under this scheme.
- Under this scheme, you can insure the farming done on your land as well as you can insure the farming done on land borrowed.
- Those farmers of the country who are not availing any insurance scheme earlier will be considered eligible under this scheme.
PMFBY Documents required by
- Farmer’s ID Card
- Aadhar Card
- Ration card
- Bank account
- Farmer’s address proof (eg driving license, passport, voter ID card)
- If the field has been farmed on rent, then a copy of the contract with the owner of the farm
- Farm Account Number / Khasra Number Paper
- Applicant Photo
- Date of day the farmer started sowing the crop
Online application for Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme 2020
- To apply for crop insurance scheme, first of all you can use official website or mobile application.
- To create an account, you have to click on the registration and provide all the information asked here.
- After filling all the information, click on the submit button and after that your account will be created on the official website.
- After creating an account, you will have to fill in the form for crop insurance scheme by logging into your account.
- After filling the crop insurance scheme form correctly, you have to click on the submit button, after which you will see the message of successful on your screen.
How to file a complaint?
- First of all, you have to go to the official website. After visiting the official website, the home page will open in front of you. On this home page you will see the option of Technical Grievance.
- You have to click on this option. After clicking on the option, the next page will open in front of you. On this page, you will have to enter the name, mobile number, email ID and comments.
- After filling all the information you have to click on the submit button. In this way, you will get a complaint.
Procedure for claiming under Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme
- If your crop has been damaged, you can claim the insurance amount by following the procedure given below.
- First of all, the farmer has to inform the insurance company, bank or state government officer about the damage caused to the crop.
- The farmer will have to contact the toll free number and give it within 72 hours of the loss.
- If you have informed about the loss to anyone other than the insurance company, then you have to ensure that they convey this information to the insurance company as soon as possible.
- As soon as the information reaches the insurance company, the insurance company will appoint a loss assessor within 72 hours.
- The loss assessor will assess the damage to the crop within the next 10 days.
- After this process is successfully done, the amount of insurance will be delivered to your account within 15 days.
Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme Helpline Number
Under this scheme, helpline number has also been issued for the farmers of the country. If any farmer has any problem related to this scheme, then he can contact his helpline number and get redressal of his problem and more related to this scheme. Can get information.
- To get more information related to the scheme, phone number – 01123382012
- Helpline Number – 01123381092