– Photo: Amar Ujala
Hear the news
Let us know whether your PAN card is linked to Aadhaar or not.
Check status from income tax department website
- First official website of Income Tax Department www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in Go to
- Click here on the link base of the quick link option written on the left.
- There will be a hyperlink on the top of the newly opened page, where information about the application of Aadhaar link is already done.
- By clicking on this hyperlink, you have to fill the details of PAN and Aadhaar.
- After this click on the view link base status. You will get to know whether you have Aadhaar and PAN link or not.
In the next slide, know how to link Aadhaar card to PAN card.
- Type the IDPN in the capital letter in your phone, then enter the Aadhaar number and PAN number by giving space.
- Send this message to 567678 or 56161.
- After this the Income Tax Department will start the process of linking both the documents.
If you want to link the online PAN card to Aadhaar, its method is given in the next slide.
Online is also an easy way
- Click on the link in the Quick link option on the left side on the official website of the Income Tax Department.
- If your account is not created, register first. Here you have to fill PAN, Aadhaar number and name, whose OTP will come on the respective mobile number.
- After filling OTP, your Aadhaar and PAN will be linked.
In the next slide, you know how much penalty you have to pay.
Under these circumstances, penalty is imposed
Under Section 272B of the Income Tax Act 1961, there is also a provision for a fine of Rs 10,000 for using an inoperative PAN card. Tax and investment expert Balwant Jain had said that there is a provision for a fine of Rs 10,000 for giving incorrect information related to PAN card. Also, in such transactions, in which it is mandatory to fill the information related to the PAN card, you may be fined for not providing the PAN card details there.
Taxpayers may face problems
Earlier the Income Tax Department had said that the PAN card without Aadhaar can be canceled from next year. Also, such taxpayers will not be able to file ITR as well. Under Section 139AA of the Income Tax Act, it is necessary for every citizen filing ITR to link PAN and Aadhaar. If both documents are not linked, then tax refunds of taxpayers may also get stuck.