Hear the news
In the one-day series, the Indian team lost due to lack of options. The Indian cricket team now faces the T20 series challenge. The first match of the three-match series is to be held on Friday. A 1-2 defeat in the ODI series opened up India’s weaknesses, but in the T20, the Indian team looks very balanced. He has a plethora of options.
Washington Natarajan, Deepak Chahar and T Natarajan, who performed brilliantly with ODIs, balance the bowling. Sundar performed brilliantly in the IPL for Royal Challengers Bangalore when captain Virat Kohli used him in the powerplay and the middle overs. Hardik Pandya is not bowling regularly. As such Ravindra Jadeja is the only specialist all-rounder in the ODI team.
Natarajan will debut in T20
IPL discovery Yorker specialist Natarajan is expected to make his debut in T20 cricket on Friday, impressing with two wickets in the first ODI. The Manuka Oval pitch is expected to help both spinners and fast bowlers. In such a situation, it has to be seen who will start the bowling with Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammad Shami or Deepak Chahar. Yuzvendra Chahal, who failed in ODIs, will also be trying to return.
Rahul expects IPL form
In batting, Lokesh Rahul can now open the innings with Shikhar Dhawan after landing at number five in ODIs. He also started the innings against New Zealand. He is expected to retain the IPL form in which he scored the most runs this season. Captain Kohli appeared in one-day form and would like to continue. Shreyas Iyer could not turn a good start into big innings but now would like to score big. The victory in the third ODI has served as a tonic for the Indian team or else a clean sweep in the ODI series would have reduced the morale of the team.
Labushane may come on opening
Australia, on the other hand, are on a high after winning the ODI series. Star batsman David Warner, however, is out due to injury. It remains to be seen whether Marnus Labushane lands with Captain Aaron Finch or someone else. Marcus Stoinis can also start the innings but he was also hurt in ODIs and his playing is questionable right now. In bowling, Mitchell Starc can make a comeback after being ruled out of the third ODI, while Pat Cummins has been rested due to workload management.
Team India: Strength
- The arrival of T20 specialists Washington Sundar and Deepak Chahar will provide the option of a sixth bowler. Chahar is successful in taking wickets with the new ball.
- India’s record in this format was good, two years ago when the series was equal to 3-0 in 2016.
- Recently, Rahul, Mayank, Dhawan were seen in good form in the IPL.
- Bumrah and Shami continue to have workload management
- Indian bowlers could not control Smith in ODI series
- Jampa has been troubling Virat with his traditional leg spin
Power of australia
- Fast bowler Mitchell Starc will return to the team after rest in third ODI
- Glenn Maxwell has achieved his old rhythm in ODI series
- Sean Abbott can show speed in the absence of fast bowler Cummins
- Australia may miss opener David Warner
- Australian captain Finch could not open account against India twice out of last five
- Indian bowlers know the weakness of many hosts batsmen playing in IPL
Total Matches: 19
India won: 11
Australia won: 08
Match: 1.40 pm