Hear the news
Due to Delhi Chalo March, Metro trains will not enter Delhi from NCR cities on Friday for the second consecutive day. However, trains going from Delhi to NCR will continue to run. On the other hand, the closure of the stations of Delhi-NCR located at the border till 2 pm on Thursday caused a lot of problems for the passengers. Even after two o’clock, the Metro going from Delhi to NCR was run. The operation from NCR cities towards Delhi was normal at five o’clock.
Metro services from the border areas to the cities of NCR from the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) were stopped till 2 pm in view of the farmer movement. However, services to passengers from NCR cities to Delhi were resumed after 5 pm. In the evening, once the Metro service started from NCR cities to Delhi, there was a huge rush of passengers once again. In the evening, the difficulties of those returning to Delhi from offices or urgent work were reduced.
On the other hand, during the Kovid-19 pandemic in terms of security, metro services will not be available to Delhi from Friday morning from all cities of NCR. The order has been implemented citing security reasons in a tweet by DMRC. During this time, Metro services between Major Mohit Sharma Rajendra Nagar to Dilshad Garden, Guru Dronacharya to Sultanpur, Vaishali to Anand Vihar, Noida City Center to New Ashok Nagar, Brig Hoshiar Singh to Tikri Kalan will be closed since morning. Metro services between Mewla Maharajpur to Badarpur will also not be available till further orders.
The passengers returned somewhere and the passengers took the auto taxi somewhere
- Passengers faced trouble due to the shutdown of the Delhi Metro as soon as they reached the border. Due to this, many passengers returned, while for the necessary work including office, passengers had to leave the metro and resort to auto, e-rickshaws and cabs, but due to border sealing, people were stuck in a lot of time.
- Reached Sector-62 Metro Station in the morning, it was found that there will not be metro from there. It was learned that metro will be available from New Ashok Nagar, after which, after committing auto for Rs 250, he had to come here. – Ankit, Noida Sector-62
- I take the metro from Botanical Garden to go to office everyday, but today had to take an e-rickshaw from Botanical Garden to New Ashok Nagar to catch the metro. – Ravi, Noida Sector-128
- The Violet Line from Botanical Garden was to catch the metro and go to Kalkaji, but now there is no use to go from Ashok Nagar to Botanical Garden, Metro is not running from Botanical Garden today. – Mukesh Rana, Mayur Vihar Extension
- Suddenly the New Ashok Nagar metro station became so crowded that even an e-rickshaw could not be found. This caused a lot of trouble. – Kamal Rohidas, New Ashok Nagar
Passengers waiting for NCR to reach Delhi all day
Due to all the borders of Delhi being sealed, the passengers had to face a lot of difficulty to reach Delhi. Passengers traveling from Sonepat, Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad and Gurugram to Delhi via road had to spend more along with the delay. Most people lost work.
Financial loss to DMRC
DMRC has also suffered financial losses due to the non-availability of metro services in the Corona era already locked in once again from the cities of NCR on Thursday. Everyday 20-30 per cent of the passengers from NCR cities to Delhi come daily, but due to lack of metro service, the loss was also millions.